Let us help you extend your stay.!


If you want to extend your stay in Canada, you must apply to do so. Check your temporary resident status to make sure you apply before the expiry date. This will be on your study or work permit, the stamp in your passport or, if you do not have a stamp in your passport, 6 months from the day you entered Canada. You should apply 30 days before your status expires to:


  • extend your visitor, student or work status,
  • change your permit type (for example, from a study permit to a work permit) or
  • change your permit condition(s) (for example, if you are studying and you want to change schools, or if you are working and you want to change jobs).
  • Lost your status, and need restoration?
  • PR card expired?
  • Overstayed, check if you are eligible for temporary resident permit / H & C.


If you want to extend your stay in Canada, you should apply at least 30 days before your status expires.

  • If your temporary resident status expires after you have submitted your application for an extension but before you receive a decision on your application, you can stay in Canada under what’s called implied status. That means the law implies you are a temporary resident. That status lasts until Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) decides on your new permit application.
  • If you have a single-entry visa this allows you to enter Canada once. If you leave Canada during your authorized stay, you must get a new visitor visa to re-enter Canada, unless you visit the United States or St. Pierre and Miquelon. If you visit those places, you can return to Canada without a new visa, as long as you:
    • return within the period that the Canadian immigration officer initially authorized when you first entered Canada (on your visa, it is either a handwritten date or 6 months from the date of the entry stamp);
    • have a valid visitor record, work permit, study permit or temporary resident permit (authorizing re-entry), and return within the period that the officer initially authorized.


How can I extend my stay as a visitor?

Extend your study permit

If you want to extend your stay in Canada as a student, you must complete the Application to Change Conditions or Extend Your Stay in Canada. Check the expiry date on your study permit, and make sure you apply before that date. You should apply for renewal at least 30 days before your current permit expires.

Extend Your Work Permit

A work permit allows you to work in Canada temporarily. At Unique Consulting Group, we guide you right process and help you get your work permit extended.

You must apply to extend your work permit if you want to stay in Canada for any of the following reasons:

  •  Your job is extended or changes
  •  You are offered a different job in Canada
  •  You want to live and work in Canada permanently
  •  You want to leave Canada and then re-enter

Request your consultation today